Killer Murder Mystery Parties Teens and Tweens will Love!
Murder mystery parties are becoming increasingly popular among teens, and it’s no wonder why. These parties provide a unique and exciting way for teens to come together and have a great time, while also offering a range of other benefits. Here are some reasons why murder mystery parties are the perfect thing for a teenage party:
1. Get teens to intermingle with one another without any awkward silences: One of the biggest challenges of any party is getting everyone to feel comfortable and engaged with one another. With a murder mystery theme as the backdrop, participants are encouraged to interact with one another as they try to solve the mystery. This creates an engaging and fun atmosphere that helps to break down social barriers and encourages everyone to participate.
2. A perfect way for the teens to explore and highlight their creative side: Many murder mystery parties involve dressing up in costumes and assuming different roles, which can be a fun way for teenagers to express themselves and showcase their unique personalities. This can be especially beneficial for shy or introverted teens who may not feel comfortable expressing themselves in more traditional social settings. A murder mystery party can provide the perfect setting for these teens to shine!
3. Give the teens a good way to show how cool it is to be yourself – or someone else! By embracing different characters and roles, teenagers can feel more confident and empowered to be themselves, even if that means stepping outside of their comfort zone. This can help to build self-esteem and encourage teenagers to embrace their individuality.
4. Show your teen how much you love them by throwing them an over-the-top party that will wow! them and all of their friends: Finally, throwing a murder mystery party is a great way for parents to show their teen how much they love them. By organizing an over-the-top party that wows both the birthday teen and their friends, parents can create lasting memories that their teenager will cherish for years to come. Additionally, by encouraging their teen to socialize and have fun with their peers, parents can help to build stronger relationships and create a supportive community for their teen.
Planning a murder mystery party for teenagers can be a fun and exciting way to celebrate a special occasion.
But, let’s face it, teens can be difficult! Here are some aspects to consider when planning for your teen gathering:
1. Choose a theme that will appeal to your teenagers. And more importantly, YOUR teen crowd. Are they:
- a bunch of beauty queens who would like our Killing For The Crown?
- A rowdy bunch of boys who might be interested in Murder Off The Field?
- Or a mixed group of cowboys and cowgirls who might be looking to solve a Murder at the Deadwood Saloon?
2. Make sure it is age-appropriate content. Be mindful of the content of the mystery plot, and ensure that it is appropriate for the age group of the participants.
Thankfully, Night of Mystery has clean and teen versions that are void of references to alcohol, illegal drugs and/or extra-marital affairs. You can find them here.
3. Consider the number of guests you will invite to the party. Too few guests may make the party feel dull, while too many guests can be difficult to manage. Think about what is right for your teen, their intentions, and their friend group/s.
4. Be intentional when assigning each participant a unique character and role. Ensure that the roles are balanced, with each character having a significant role to play in the mystery plot. One thing to consider, maybe have your teen do the assigning of roles, since they know their friends best!
5. Costumes can be a big part of the party, and something the teens can really get into! When choosing the theme, think about what costumes the teen and their friends would really embrace. This will help to create a more immersive and engaging atmosphere. If you are worried the teens might not dress up, consider providing some fun accessories for them to utilize when they arrive at the party. Think: a box of Hawaiian leis, order a dozen cowboy and cowgirl hats, feather boas, etc. Whatever fits your theme!
6. Themed snacks and drinks are a fun addition to the party! For teens, this could be extremely easy, think corndogs and popcorn for Murder Under the Big Top or 80s cupcakes and punch for Totally Rad 80s Prom Gone Bad.
Additionally, if you are a parent who loves mystery parties, Night of Mystery clean and teen versions are appropriate for both teens and adults. Consider throwing the mystery one night for the adults, and one night for the teens!