Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Our 5th Night of Mystery party - success as always!

Our 5th Night of Mystery party - success as always!

Post your comments and questions on this party

Our 5th Night of Mystery party - success as always!

Postby Renato » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:31 pm

This year for my birthday, my gang of friends gathered around for a will reading of a millionaire!

I played the Butler and my wife played the Maid. This was perfect since it allowed us to serve our friends as if they were spoiled rich people. We set up our large dinner table for 12 and went around like wait staff with proper attire and all. Everyone enjoyed the atmosphere, the play acting and plain silliness that always takes place at these parties, and we all had a killer night!

One issue we have each year is how to give one particular guest a role that doesn't require speaking or acting as he simply site there and falls asleep while his family partake in the game. This year we gave him the part of the RENT A CHEF. He had nothing to do with the main cast of characters but the hilarious costume he came up with reminded us of the Swedish Muppet chef.

I can't stress enough how much fun these murder mysteries are. Also... the more effort you put into it the bigger the result.

This mystery in particular is light on the costume requirements so is a great starter game for anyone not sure about getting into character and the potential expense of getting a costume.

I will send pictures and hope to have them posted soon.
Renato

Re: Our 5th Night of Mystery party - success as always!

Postby Renato » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:37 pm

I forgot to mention one thing we did different this year with this mystery pack.

Instead of having the lawyer read the will, one of our friends who had attended previous parties, couldn't make it so we had him record a video of the will reading dressed in fancy clothes and then a second video of him reading to his son dressed in a robe and drunk and emotional. It was hilarious!
Renato

Return to A Knight of Murder