Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - APRIL 2017 What happens in Vegas is sometimes a crime.

APRIL 2017 What happens in Vegas is sometimes a crime.

Win a FREE Party by telling us about yours!

APRIL 2017 What happens in Vegas is sometimes a crime.

Postby mrmystery » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:31 am

o celebrate my 33rd birthday, I invited several friends over for my very favorite kind of party: a Night of Mystery party! This go around, I chose Murder in Sin City. From assigning the characters, buying and setting up decorations, planning my costume, assembling the invites, to creating an official Facebook event, I was absolutely thrilled about every step. I love to throw parties, but Murder Mysteries are the cream of the crop for me and I will only buy from Night of Mystery.

There was so much planning going into the Las Vegas theme months in advance. I knew that I wanted to completely transform the main area of my house where everyone would be gathered and it was easy to find inexpensive decorations online that really packed a punch. I had one friend fly in, some friends drive up from a few hours away, and people locally attend. Everything was set for the party, including an amazing locally created Vegas themed tiered birthday cake, an appropriate playlist, and even a real microphone for extra fun by the time guests began to arrive. We had decided on doing this potluck style and that turned out to be a great decision. Everyone ate, mingled, and slowly got into character while playing out the instructions from their first envelopes.

Between Trump making his hilarious speeches (he really got into character and was the life of the party), the play out of the murder, the ongoing accusations, continuous questioning of one guest to another, people literally stealing each other’s bribe money (it was a good- and hilarious- tactic for the winner of the “High Roller” award!), and everyone getting through the instructions of the second envelope, a good time was being had by all.

When it came time to lay out the evidence, the guests were trying their best to figure out the details and point the finger to the correct suspect. We cast votes for all of the awards, as well as who everyone thought the murderer was, and then we let them have it! Most people were stumped, but a couple of people did manage to figure out the right character and win the Smoking Gun Award. After announcing who committed the horrendous crime of murder, we moved right on to giving out the various awards, such as “Drama Queen” (we also made our own “Drama King” award), “Dressed to Kill”, and “High Roller”. I gave out certificates and funny, coordinating gifts to go with the awards. This is often one of the most entertaining parts at each of my murder mystery parties and everyone has such a good time.

After finishing up the game itself, we moved onto birthday cake and a champagne toast. Guests stayed to talk and mingle some more for quite a bit longer. Upon their departure, they made sure to tell me what a great time they had and how they’d love to do it again. All in all it was a fantastic night and worth every penny spent and every minute of preparation and planning. I am planning another party this year and can’t wait to get started all over again!
mrmystery
Site Admin

Return to Party of the Month Contest